Our training and capacity building programmes address the Centre’s Objective 2: Strengthening skills and shaping attitudes. We recognize that innovation and wealth creation are anchored on the ability of actors to adapt to a continuously changing environment. In order to compete, actors need to constantly learn new skills and update their knowledge bases. Our training programmes focus on strengthening capabilities for innovation, entrepreneurship and decision-making.
We appreciate that the emergence of new technologies, new methods, new processes, new policies and a changing business climate produces new challenges and opportunities that make capability building an ever present need. We collaborate with national and international partners (particularly R&D actors; universities and other training institutions) to conduct relevant, tailor-made training aimed at strengthening both individual and institutional capabilities.
We provide appropriate knowledge, up-to-date information, best practices, tools and hands-on skills on policy analysis, innovation management and knowledge translation.
- Qualitative and quantitative approaches to science, technology and innovation policy research and analysis: principles, techniques and methods
- Applying innovation systems and value chains analysis to science, technology and innovation policy research and analysis
- Protecting and benefiting from your intellectual property rights (IPRs): A practical training course on “what you need to know” and “what you need to do”
- The Art of Influencing Policy Change: Tools and Strategies for Researchers
- Getting published: “why was my paper rejected?” A scientific writing course for young researchers
- Innovation and entrepreneurship for scientists and engineers (course under development)